Be The Blessing, Blogger Awards, BnV, BooknVolume, Charles Dickens, creative writing, Inventive Blogger Award, Laughter, relationships, Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award, Sunshine Award, WhoVille, Writing, ~Morgan~
This Christmas has brought its share of Abundance, in material as well as familial and spiritual wealth, touching my heart with joyful memories, making me laugh and smile (which, admittedly, is nothing new), and providing me opportunities to GIVE what Blessed me in order to Be The Blessing. Today is no different, really. In looking back over the last month (or so) I have been reminded that several of my Wonderful WordPress Friends have Blessed me with the gift of an award (or four) that I, now, (having finally gotten a day that does not require 100 other tasks of me) should like to Gift Forward.
First off, as ever, I here insert my Award Disclaimer: This post shall be long winded and, though not intentionally, a bit self serving; yet, it shall also attempt to put forward several blogs that, more importantly, should receive accolade for their Inspirational, Inventive, Bright and Shining Artistry, which fills my world (and shall hopefully fill yours as well) with smiles, thoughtfulness and Laughter. (Now…there’s a sentence of which Charles Dickens would be proud!)
Kerrie Ann over at http://kerrieanns.wordpress.com shared The Sunshine Award with me. This award is for bloggers who “positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.” I take this as very high praise, indeed, and it fills me with pride to be so kindly reminded that my musings touch others and, apparently, make them smile. Step one, in my book(nvolume) of Being the Blessing! But Kerrie Ann’s blog is equally inspiring and poetic, filled with lovely verses, beautiful imagery and thought-provoking notions that will make YOU smile as well, so do please be sure to stop by and see for yourself.
Now, the Rules to this Awards:
1. Display the Award on your Blog.
2. Announce your Honour (yes I’ve changed the word from win, I do so hope you don’t mind!) with a post and Thank the Blogger who Awarded you.
3. Present Several deserving Bloggers with the Award.
4. Link your awardees in the post and let them know of their Honour with a comment on their blog.
5. Share Some Interesting facts about yourself. I Shall List the All Important Blogs here, and, should you be curious, the fun facts about me I shall list at the end of this post.
1. Mona at: http://22flowers.wordpress.com
2. Cindy at: http://cindyknoke.com
3. Adventures and Tea at: http://adventuresandtea.wordpress.com
4. Becca at: http://beccagivens.wordpress.com
5. Amy at: http://2me4art.com
6. Akira at: http://akirastories.wordpress.com
7. Joseph at: http://josephmerrill.wordpress.com
8. Diana at: http://holisticwayfarer.com
9. Al at : http://kattermonran.com
10. Pat at : http://imissmetoo.me
Dan over at: http://dermsstuff.wordpress.com offered me another holiday gift this season by sharing with me the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. Interestingly, I can now consider Dan my Literary Brother and Sister, which makes me smile for many reasons, not the least of which being the simple fact that Dan is, obviously, not anyone’s sister. Dan’s writing, however, is fulsome and lovely, filled with tender emotion and, at times, blazing passion, and his offerings are ever a joy to experience. Do stop for a visit and discover the beautiful world he has created over at Writings from Dr. Oolie’s Pond. You’ll be glad you did!
The rules for receiving this award are as follows:
1. Provide a link and thank the blogger who nominated you for this award.
2. Answer 10 questions. (which I shall add to the end of this post)
3. Nominate 8-10 blogs that you find a joy to read (yes, one can include gentlemen….)
4. Provide links to these nominated blogs and kindly let the recipients know that they have been nominated.
5. Include the award logo within your blog post.
1. Sarah at : http://starrystez.com
2. Alicia Young at : http://aayoung.wordpress.com
3. Alicia B at : http://aliciabeavis.wordpress.com
4. All About Life at : http://chatwithgod.wordpress.com
5. Sawa at : http://angelartstar.wordpress.com
6. Annie at : http://anniecardi.com
7. Vinay at : http://beautifulyf.com
8. Jen at : http://wired4more.wordpress.com
9. Andrea at : http://andreabadgley.com
10. Mandi at : http://cagednomore.org
Patty over at : http://petitemagique.wordpress.com as well as Mary over at : http://paintingpundit.com have both nominated me for the new Inventive Blogger Award, about which I am exceedingly thrilled, not to mention proud. Both Patty and Mary author blogs that truly demonstrate the Inventive quality this award promotes, ever expressing their individuality and Inspirational Spirits through captivating verses, artwork and more. If you have never stopped by their blogs, you really should take a moment to do so; you shall not be disappointed.
The Inventive Blogger Award is newly created, Inspired by Don at : http://doncharisma.org/2013/12/24/christmas-awards-the-inventive-blogger-award/ and is somewhat EXCLUSIVE to DonCharisma.org. The idea was given to him by paulettemotzko at: http://totallyinspiredpc.wordpress.com. Although it is adapted slightly, there are only five answers now needed to accept the award. (Interestingly, the “lego” bridge is a real bridge in Germany, check out the link at the end of the post.)
Directions to accepting The Inventive Blogger Award:
1. Select the blog(s) you think deserve The Inventive Blogger Award.
2. Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen- there are no minimum or maximum number of blogs required- and ‘present’ the blog(s) with their award.
3. Include in your blog post *FIVE* things that you enjoy about blogging.
4. Let the blog(s) that you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the instructions with them- (please don’t alter the instructions or the badge!)
5. Come over and say hello to the originator of the “The Inventive Blogger Award” via this link: http://DonCharisma.org/2013/12/24/christmas-awards-the-inventive-blogger-award
6. And as a winner of the award- please add a link back to the blog that presented you with this award, and then proudly display the award on your blog.
1. Kim at : http://kimkiminy.wordpress.com
2. Sue at : http://scvincent.com
3. Feathermoon at : http://feathermoonpoetry.wordpress.com
4. Lorna at : http://lornasmithers.wordpress.com
5. Gabriella at : http://gabriellaswritingcorner.wordpress.com
6. Amy at : http://herladypinkrose.wordpress.com
7. Adam at : http://taomoments.wordpress.com
Ever Inspiring, Ever Beautiful, I hope these blogs and bloggers will touch your life with Blessings, as they have touched mine.
Now, for those who haven’t quite fallen asleep and are interesting in knowing a bit more about ME :
Sunshine Award Fun Facts :
1. In my spare time (which is hard to find these days ) I also enjoy jewelry making and scrapbooking.
2. I have never once done drugs (though some may think otherwise some days!)
3. I like to try new things, at least once, and have tasted escargot, (which I didn’t much care for ) as well as Beluga Caviar (which I DID care for!)
4. Much like a Who from the town of WhoVille, I often speak in Rhyme, (at least, some of the time!)
5. I studied Astronomy in school and might well have gone on to be an astronomer, if it hadn’t required so much math! Yeck! (thus the reason many of my posts are filled with pictures of the cosmos and notions of space and time)
The 10 Questions to be answered for the Sisterhood Award:
1. Your favorite color – Purple
2. Your favorite animal – most of them, really, but cats and horses, particularly
3. Your favorite non-alcoholic drink – Chai, especially Gingerbread Mocha Chai Latte (YUM!)
4. Facebook or Twitter – Facebook
5. Your favorite pattern – Iambic Pentameter (it’s a pattern, of sorts)
6. Do you prefer getting or giving presents? – Honestly, Both
7. Your favorite number? – 728
8. Your favorite day of the week? – Saturday
9. Your favorite flower? – Peony
10. What is your passion? – Writing, of course!
FIVE things I enjoy about blogging for the Inventive Blogger Award:
1. Sharing the Inspiration that Ever Inspires me.
2. Giving a Smile to someone I have never met.
3. Lifting the Veil of doubt, fear, or sadness, if only for a moment.
4. Laughing with Friends about my Ceaseless Nattering.
5. Being the Blessing and Being Blessed by the Blessing.
The Lego Bridge: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego-Br%C3%BCcke
Now, if you are still awake, have a nice steaming cup of tea (or coffee if you must) and a holiday treat with me…because that’s just what I’m going to do next. ~Morgan~
Beautiful Original Artwork by: Josephine Wall