There’s a word. Quite possibly one of the best words ever devised. It’s a mixture of ‘fantastic’, ‘amazing’ and ‘magical’ all rolled up into one spritely little package. One of those declarations, like supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, that eludes practical usage, but serves perfectly when ordinary words simply will not do. This, then, is the perfect expression to describe my sentiments when looking over the pleasing plethora of presents (or awards, to be more accurate, but I needed a P-word).
When I began this blog, as my first post will testify, I truly was not at all certain if ANYONE would even bother to read what it was that I thought I might have to say. At the time, I wasn’t even exactly sure what it was that I WANTED to say, and I never dreamed anyone would give me an award for saying it, yet to my amazement, they did and still are, which leads me back to this particularly pleasing proclamation : Fantasmagorical!
Now, before I begin, as I do realize these award posts can get a bit INSANE (even more so than I can) please humour me a moment while I attempt to explain the method to my madness here. I should like very much to follow all the award rules, but as it would result in a post, at the very least, several miles long, I shall ask that you permit me the privilege of sharing with you the Important part of awards, in my opinion, which is the other blogs you might like to discover. After, I should also like to share a few morsels about my friends who have been so kind as to honour me with this pleasing plethora and then, wrap up with a few fun facts and meaningless musings about me. (should you be interested)
Hang onto your hats…here we go! (A more detailed explanation of each award follows below these nominees)
I Should like to share the Shauny Award for Blogging Excellence with:
1. Pat Cegan at: http://patcegan.wordpress.com
2. tyler4turtles at: http://tylerpedersen02.wordpress.com
3. acuriousgal at: http://acuriousgal.wordpress.com
I should like to award the 2013 Blog of the Year Award to:
1. Brenda at: http://friendlyfairytales.wordpress.com
2. purpleraysblog at: http://purplerays.wordpress.com
3. MichelleMarie Antell at: http://michellemarieantellg.wordpress.com
I Should like to Include the following blogs in The WordPress Family Award:
1. The Irish Wench at: http://ourgrainofsand.wordpress.com
2. thejerseygal®™ at: http://gabrielsfury.wordpress.com
3. Mungai and the Goa Constrictor at : http://mungaiandthegoaconstrictor.me/
The Lighthouse Award I should like to share with:
1. kundalinispirit at : http://kundalinidotorg.wordpress.com
2. Rexie at : http://geetaanjalee.wordpress.com
3. willowmarie at : http://willowmariewrites.wordpress.com
And Last, but certainly never least, The Versatile Blogger awards go to:
1. FeatherMoon Poet at : http://feathermoonpoetry.wordpress.com
2. v4vikey at : http://phototrap.wordpress.com
3. From the Desk of MarDrag at : http://fromthedeskofmardrag.wordpress.com
I have made some truly wonderful friends here, and one of them is Patty from Petite Magique, found at http://petitemagique.wordpress.com/. I’ve mentioned her before, to be sure, but some things bear repeating. Her blog is filled with magic, delight, wonder, passion, romance, and a hint of humour…all of which appeal to me and, I have a sneaking suspicion, will appeal to you as well. Patty has awarded me The Shauny Award for Blogging Excellence and I am entirely over the moon, as this award’s guiding principle is one right up my alley.
The Shauny Award was made specifically for him by a friend Doc. The Original Award can be found here: http://hrexach.wordpress.com/2013/11/25/a-new-blogging-award-has-been-created-the-shauny-award-for-blogging-excellence/ The rules for the Shauny Award are as follows:
Show Humanity, Share Love, Be Yourself, Don’t Be Others, Don’t Gossip. (That’s it. Sounds simple enough, right? Go Ahead, Be Challenged!)
Then Share this Lovely Award with others.
Another wonderful blogger, Donna from Heron There and Everywhere, found at http://heronthereeverywhere.us/ has kindly re-nominated me for the 2013 Blog of the Year Award. (This would be Star #7 for me) I am so pleased to know that she has, also, received this marvelous tribute of an award, as her blog is simply lovely. With photography (mostly of nature, which I love) poetry that makes you smile, stop and wonder, or, sometimes, wipe away a tear, touches of humour and a marvelous love for all creatures great and small, her blog is an escape I enjoy running to every day.
The Rules for the Blog of the Year 2013 Award are:
1-Select the blog(s) you think deserve the Blog Of The Year 2013 Award.
2-Write a post about the blog(s) you have chosen (there are no minimum or maximum number of blogs required) and ‘present’ the blog(s) with their award.
3-Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the instructions with them- (please don’t alter the instructions or the badges!)
4-Come over and say hello to the originator of the Blog Of The Year 2013 Award via this link:http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/blog-awards-2-/blog-of-the-year-2013-award/
5-You can now also join the Blog Of The Year Award Facebook Page. Click the link here:https://www.facebook.com/groups/BlogoftheYear to share your blog posts with an even wider audience.
6-Finally, as a winner of the award, please add a link back to the blog that presented you with this award-and then proudly display the award on your blog- and start collecting stars!
Patty from PetiteMagique http://petitemagique.wordpress.com/ Also graciously nominated me for The WordPress Family Award. This is an award for everyone who is part of the “Word Press Family”, for those who take in new bloggers, and show love and a caring interest; for those who take a second to be nice, to answer a question and not make things a competition. This amazing Family is made up of kindred souls who have never met, but who are there for each other as family.
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate others you see as having an impact on your wordpress experience and family
4. Let your Family members know you have awarded them
5. That is it. Just please pick 10 people that have taken you as a friend, and spread the love.
Patty ALSO recently BLESSED me with a new award called The Lighthouse Award.
This is a new Award created by Coach–>http://goodtimestories.wordpress.com
I decided to make an award to recognize the people who have created beautiful, heartwarming, and inspirational blogs. Their blogs bring us happiness, enlighten our hearts, and bring a little joy to our lives when we visit their pages. The work that these people have done has truly given us rays of light in a gloomy world.
1. Display the Award certificate on your blog.
2. Write a post and link back to the blogger that nominated you.
3. Inform your nominees of their award nominations
4. Share three ways that you like to help other people.
5. There is no limit to the number of people that you can nominate.
6. HAVE FUN!!!
3 Ways I will help someone:
1. I will strive to keep the focus of my blog, which is, to share Love, Hope, Peace and Joy, because there simply can never be enough of any of those.
2. I will never look the other way when I see cruelty or neglect.
3. I will share this Joy in my heart whenever, wherever, however, and to whomever I am led.
A Relatively new friend, Thomas from Movies and Music Café found at: http://thomasjford.wordpress.com/ Has Also ever so kindly nominated me for the 2013 Blog of the Year Award ( My Stars, (pun intended) Star #8). Thomas has a love of the entertainment industry, as do I, and one of the first posts of his I noticed was about the (sadly) under-appreciated movie entitled Trapped in Paradise (with Nicholas Cage) which was actually filmed only a few miles from my home! Thomas’ views, insights, love of music, acting, theater, and all things Entertaining brings me back to his blog again and again (and again!).
As the rules for this award are aforementioned, I shall carry on…
My relatively new friend, Drakulus from http://drakulus.com/ has paid me the honour of nominating me for the Sunshine Award. Although Drakulus and I have only recently met, I am delighted to receive this award from my new friend. Please do take a few moments to discover Drakulus’ very interesting blog, filled with intrigue, gaming, and movie reviews (which I love!). Always fun to read, you will certainly enjoy your visit.
The Rules to the Sunshine Award are simple.
Now, the Rules to these Awards:
1. Display the Award on your Blog.
2. Announce your Honour (yes I’ve changed the word from win, I do so hope you don’t mind!) with a post and Thank the Blogger who Awarded you.
3. Present Several deserving Bloggers with the Award.
4. Link your awardees in the post and let them know of their Honour with a comment on their blog.
5. Share Some Interesting facts about yourself
Finally, Jay, over at JayBluePoems found at http://jaybluepoems.com/ has most recently awarded me with the Versatile Blogger Award. Jay has been a friend nearly since the beginning of my blogging career (meaning for about half a year now) and has ever been supportive, helpful, inspirational and even paid me the VERY great honour of seeking me out for a collaboration, a privilege which still leaves me astounded. Jay’s blog is poetry of pure brilliance, romantic lyricism and entrancing beauty. You WILL NOT be sorry should you stop by and survey his wonderful world of words, I assure you.
Here are the rules:
1. Display the Award Certificate on your blog.
2. Announce your win with a post. Make sure you post a link back to me as a ‘thank you’ for the nomination.
3. Present awards to deserving bloggers of your choice.
4. Leave them a comment to let them know after you have linked them to a post.
5. Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
And now….if you are still awake…a few tidbits about me you may, or may not, already know.
1. I once had to rescue a 5 foot long python snake from underneath a baseboard heater and cuddle it to calm it down while it’s new environment enclosure was being upgraded.
2. My Friends like to call me The Queen of Useless Information, because I know all sorts of ridiculous, otherwise useless, trivia, like the lead singer’s name from the 80’s band Kajagoogoo (which is Limhal) and how he ended up with such a unique name (his actual name is Chris Hamill, so he switched the letters around and Viola…Limahl)
3. I don’t tend to drink very frequently, however, my favourite alcoholic beverage is Bailey’s Irish Cream on the rocks. (mmmmm)
4. I whole heartedly believe I once saw an Angel. (a future post perhaps shall reveal more)
5. I am a hopeless romantic, as well as a sensualist and dreamer.
To Sum Up: (IF this mighty long-winded post hasn’t made it clear) Thank You Ever So!!!! I am Fantasmagorically Blessed and Treasure Each One of YOU for making this journey through blogdom one of the most Remarkable, Enticing, Inspirational, and Joyful experiences of me life.
Blessings and Peace~