Some people don’t blush at all, others blush red as the rose with little reason. I am one of those that falls somewhere in between, though closer to the red rose portion of the spectrum, to be sure, and right now in particular. Why? (or to coin the phrase(s)
Guildenstern: Ah, why?
Guildenstern: Exactly what?
Rosencrantz: Exactly why?
Guildenstern: Exactly why what?
Rosencrantz: Why what exactly?
Dare you even ask at this point? But since you do and since I’ve already begun and since we are both here, one waiting upon the other, partners in crime as it were, I shall elaborate:
What majesty should be, what duty is,
Why day is day, night night, and time is time,
Were nothing but to waste night, day and time.
Therefore, since brevity is the soul of wit,
And tediousness the limbs and outward flourishes,
I will be brief:” (Hamlet, of course, Scene II)
Relatively Speaking of course.
Paint the World with Words (please find her at: http://painttheworldwithwords.wordpress.com/) has blessed me and made me blush like the red rose by not only (re)nominating me for the Blog of the Year Award (Star Three!) but also the Most Influential Blogger Award.
The Blog of the Year Award is very special because every time you are given the award by another blog- you can add another star! There are, in fact, a total of 6 stars to collect. This means you can pay tribute to your favorite blogs and, even if they have already been given the award by someone else, you can still bestow the prize again to help them reach the maximum of 6 stars! (Swapping out badges as you go, and adding a star each time you receive an additional nomination.)
You can find all the badges, banners and information you need via this link: ‘Blog of The Year 2013′ Award Badges.
The Rules for this Award are:
1-Select the blog(s) you think deserve the Blog Of The Year 2013 Award.
2-Write a post about the blog(s) you have chosen (there are no minimum or maximum number of blogs required) and ‘present’ the blog(s) with their award.
3-Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the instructions with them- (please don’t alter the instructions or the badges!)
4-Come over and say hello to the originator of the Blog Of The Year 2013 Award via this link:http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/blog-awards-2-/blog-of-the-year-2013-award/
5-You can now also join the Blog Of The Year Award Facebook Page. Click the link here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BlogoftheYear to share your blog posts with an even wider audience.
6-Finally, as a winner of the award, please add a link back to the blog that presented you with this award-and then proudly display the award on your blog- and start collecting stars!
So, without further Blathering here are My nominees for Blog of the Year 2013:
1. Busy Mind Thinking at: http://busymindthinking.com/
2. Some Call it Red at: http://taehreh.wordpress.com/
3. Heron There and Everywhere at: http://heronthereeverywhere.us/
4. Helen Valentina at: http://helenvalentina.com/
5. Great Poetry Mhf at: http://greatpoetrymhf.wordpress.com/
Do please stop by these remarkable blogs to check out their unique styles, amazing poetry, thought-provoking writing, beautiful photography and inspiring art. You will certainly not be disappointed.
(Draw deep breath here) …
Paints (as I like to call her) also bestowed upon me the honoure of the Most Influential Blogger Award. Dear Me, I never ever would have guessed any of this would happen when I set out less than 6 months ago. I am truly (well, as I like to say, relatively speaking) speechless (since I’m sure you are all very well aware at this point that that never really truly occurs!)
As with all awards, the rules are simple:
1. Display the Award on your Blog.
2. Announce your win with a post and thank the Blogger who awarded you.
3. Present 10 deserving Bloggers with the Award.
4. Link your awardees in the post and let them know of their being awarded with a comment.
5. Answer each of the 11 questions that your awarder asked, and then write 11 for your awardees (or use the same ones up to you!)
Most Importantly, My Nominees Are:
1. Tell Me About It at: http://michellemarieantellg.wordpress.com/
2. Being Me From A to Z at: http://beingmefromatoz.com/
3. Colour Me in Cyanide at: http://olorielmoonshadow.wordpress.com/
4. iiThinks at: http://iithinks.wordpress.com/
5. Writings from Dr Oolie’s Pond at: http://dermsstuff.wordpress.com/
6. Beeseeker at: http://beeseeker.wordpress.com/
7. Black and Write at: http://blackandwrite.wordpress.com/
8. Chronicles at: http://nolieblinn.com/
9. A Poets Journey at: http://scribblingink.wordpress.com/
10. Bjorn Rudberg’s Writings at: http://brudberg.wordpress.com/
These remarkable blogs are filled with beauty, vision, insight, and thought-provoking posts that will inspire and motivate as well as some things that will make you go hmmmmmmm? They shine a light in the vast darkness of this world, and the many glimmers radiate Influence in all directions. Bravo!
For all of You my Dearest Friends:
There is no Fair Expression my Gratitude can take,
Which would Adequately Reveal
The Depths of my Thankfulness for You;
For even as Time itself is Ever –present
My Appreciation for You, as Sweet as Breath,
And now for the requisite questions : (some of this may sound slightly familiar…)
1) What makes you happiest? Writing and Music
2) Do you love the Oceans or Mountains more? That’s difficult, both has their own lovely attributes, their own draws. I have to cope out on this one and say both .
3) What has been a special moment in 2013? May 25th. For reasons that shall remain my own 😉 (sorry that’s not fun or fair, I know) But what occurred inspired me to finally create this blog, started me off on a physical fitness regime resulting in 30 lbs lost and still going strong, changed my entire relationship with The Almighty and has given my life a sense of Purpose and Accomplishment I have long been longing for :so whatever it was, (which shall remain nameless) was life changing to be sure!
4) What’s your favorite quote? Of Course, From Hamlet because I relate to this speech entirely!
“I have of late—but wherefore
I know not—lost all my mirth, forgone all custom of
exercises; and indeed it goes so heavily with my
disposition that this goodly frame, the earth, seems to
me a sterile promontory, this most excellent canopy,
the air, look you, this brave o’erhanging firmament,
this majestical roof fretted with golden fire, why,
it appears no other thing to me than a foul and pestilent
congregation of vapors. What a piece of work is a man!
How noble in reason, how infinite in faculties,
in form and moving how express and admirable,
in action how like an angel, in apprehension how like
a god! The beauty of the world, the paragon of animals!
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust?”
5) Do you like yourself? I certainly think so, at least, I do hope so. Rather, I might say I dare to, or perhaps, I ought to…nay, I do 😉
6) Do you stay up till midnight on New Year? I do, but then, I stay up until midnight most nights so…
7) Something you wish could be done ASAP? Publication…relocation (to England, naturally) and Liberation (poetically speaking of course, meaning to find Love)
8) What was your favorite class when still at school? English, naturally.
9) What musical instrument have you tried to play? I play with the handbell choir at my church
10) Anything you had wished to have learned earlier? Life comes at its pace for a reason…I just do my best to learn from the present and walk toward the future.
11) Do you like to do Crafts, Drawing or Painting? Painting.
Beautiful Image found at: simplyrosegardening.com