Patty from Petitemagique blog found at: http://petitemagique.wordpress.com/ has paid me the most amazing honour by nominating me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. This is an award I’ve never even seen before, but has really given me pause to think about what an amazing thought it truly is, outside of the privilege of being chosen by someone who’s artistry and poetic brilliance lights each day with magic and beauty. Patty’s blog is one I simply must read every day and, hopefully, never miss a post! Go ahead, pop on by, and discover the mystique for yourself !
Sisterhood is a blessing. Having a sister, I am able to speak from experience. Although there are good times and rough patches, laughs as well as tears, joys and sorrows alike, they are shared with an individual who has been beside you all your life. Someone who understands and accepts you for who you are (Hopefully!), someone who appreciates your strengths as well as your weaknesses, and someone who shares your memories; any and all of which, either on their own or together, are blessings not to be taken for granted. So to be nominated for an award that speaks of a Sisterhood transcending borders and languages, cultural boundaries and religious diversity, and joins me in that amazing bond with women all round the world is an overwhelming concept. (I may be over-thinking this, but it’s food well worth the thought, … I think?)
Nevertheless, before I write a novel : The rules for receiving this award are as follows.
1. Provide a link and thank the blogger who nominated you for this award.
2. Answer 10 questions.
3. Nominate 10/12 blogs that you find a joy to read (women bloggers, though this is one rule that can be bent a bit)
4. Provide links to these nominated blogs and kindly let the recipients know that they have been nominated.
5. Include the award logo within your blog post.
Some Questions to be answered:
1. Your favorite color – Purple
2. Your favorite animal – All of them. Honestly! (Though Cats and Horses rank rather high)
3. Your favorite non-alcoholic drink – Chai (or more precisely Mocha Chai Latte)
4. Facebook or Twitter – Facebook
5. Your favorite pattern – Iambic Pentameter (well, it’s a poetic pattern…)
6. Do you prefer getting or giving presents? – I would be lying if I didn’t say both.
7. Your favorite number? – 728
8. Your favorite day of the week? – Saturday
9. Your favorite flower? – Lilacs and Wisteria
10. What is your passion? – Writing …silly question, really.
Finally (and Most Importantly) My nominees: (Please do take half a sec to have a quick meander through their literary worlds)
1. acuriousgal at: http://acuriousgal.wordpress.com
2. PookyH at: http://pookypoetry.wordpress.com
3. rmkalinich at: http://robinkalinich.wordpress.com
4. Rexie at: http://geetaanjalee.wordpress.com
5. Christina ~ at: http://reconstructingchristina.wordpress.com
6. Heartafire at : http://heartafire.wordpress.com
7. barbrowe at : http://barbaracroweauthor.wordpress.com
8. IdealisticRebel at : http://idealisticrebel.wordpress.com
9. Esther at: http://hortusclosus.wordpress.com
10. Ms. Vee at: http://verajackson.wordpress.com
11. dflorack at: http://dflorack.wordpress.com
12. Brenda at : http://friendlyfairytales.wordpress.com
My Sisters in both Lyric and Prose,
As Beautiful and Fragrant as the Rose,
A Blessing You have been to Me,
Shine on, My Sisters, Inspirationally!